Lifeline Assistance for Neighbors In-need
(L.A.N.I.) Scholarship Program
Mayor Ma. Laarni Cayetano made a commitment that under her leadership, all eligible Taguigeños should be given fair opportunity to study, find work, and have a brighter future. (“Lahat ng Taguigeno ay VIP at walang maiiwanan. Lahat may oportunidad.”) She believes that education is a crucial key to social progress and human development. Hence, the establishment of Lifeline Assistance for Neighbors In-need (L.A.N.I.) Scholarship Program in 2011.
BASIC QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
- Bona fide resident of Taguig City for at least 3 years immediately preceding the application. Must be a registered voter of the City if 18 years or older, and with at least one of the parents also a registered voter of the city.
- Of good moral character both in paper and in deeds.
- Determined to finish the course or pass the bar/board examination
- Committed to love and serve Taguig City
DIFFERENT SCHOLARSHIP TYPES – Please see Table 1
MAINTAINING THE SCHOLARSHIP
- To maintain the scholarship, scholars must submit the application form and required documents every semester. General weighted average (GWA) for the duration of the scholarship covered should not be lower than 2.5, with no grade of 5, dropped, unremoved 4, or incomplete, or these grades’ equivalent, and must carry a load of at least 15 units per semester or its equivalent per trimester.
- For those with violations: 1st offense – probation/warning; 2nd offense – suspension; 3rd offense – termination from the scholarship.
- For Scholars with a semestral weighted average of “1.75” or higher or its equivalent Those who have a different grading system must attach a copy of relevant portion of their student handbook or other attestation.
Table 1. Taguig City’s L.A.N.I. Scholarship Program Types, Intended Beneficiaries, Benefitsone Amount per School Year
|Scholarship Type||Intended Beneficiaries||Benefit per School Year|
|Premier/Specialized School||For those enrolling in or enrolled in the University of the Philippines System (Luzon Campuses) & other public & private colleges & universities certified by CHED as Centers of Excellence in the NCR (see Table 2). This is open to graduates of either public or private secondary schools.||P40,000 to P50,000|
|Full (Honors)||Top 10 graduates of public high schools in Taguig, regardless of the schools or courses in college.||P40,000 to P50,000|
|Priority Courses and Skills Training||Those enrolling in or enrolled in DOST-listed priority courses in DOST-listed schools (see Table 3.1), or if persons with disabilities, must be endorsed by the city PDAO, or if taking up law or medicine, must be enrolled or enrolling in top performing schools as listed by the program based on the listing of PRC/CHED (see Table 3.2). This is open to graduates of either public or private secondary schools.||P40,000 to P50,000|
|Basic + SUC/LCU (Basic Plus)||Graduates of public high schools in Taguig or nearby LGUs, who are enrolled or enrolling in an SUC or LCUs in the NCR.||P20,000 to P30,000|
|SUC/LCU||Graduate of private school who are enrolled or enrolling in an SUC or LCUs in the NCR.||P15,000 to P25,000|
|Basic||This is a one-time assistance for residents who have already graduated, and are preparing for their licensure/board or bar examinations. Complete application must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to taking the examination||P15,000 to P25,000|
|Review Assistance||This is a one-time assistance for residents who have already graduated, and are preparing for their licensure/board or bar examinations. Complete application must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to taking the examination||P10,000 to P15,000*Cashincentive of up to P50,000 for those Top 10 Placers depending on the examination or on the ranking obtained.|
L.A.N.I. Leadership and Educators Advancement and Development (LEAD) SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
WHO MAY APPLY?
- Applicants must also be:
- Bona fide Taguig residents who are taking up masteral or doctoral degrees provided they have been in service for at least 3 years in a national or local government office IN Taguig. They must be taking up courses that are aligned with their profession, and with an Excellent performance rating or at least Very Satisfactory. This is also open to teachers in private schools IN Taguig. Applicants must NOT exceed 50 years old.
- Bona fide resident of Taguig for at least 3 years, and a registered voter of the city.
- Of good moral character, both in paper and in deeds.
- Determined to finish the course.
- Committed to love and serve the City of Taguig.
WHEN IS THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER SY. 2015-16?
- June 22-26, 2015 or August 24-28, 2015, from 9 AM to 3 PM, Mon-Friday (except holidays), at the Senator Renato “Compañero” Cayetano Memorial Science and Technology High School (SRCC or Cayetano Science) Auditorium, Pamayanang Diego Silang, Brgy. Ususan, Taguig City. Applicants from DepEd are encouraged to submit earlier or as scheduled by the DepEd-TAPAT Division Office.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Completely filled-up Application Form with recent 2×2 pictures (3 sets) – Use only the latest forms issued.
- Registration Form or other proof of enrolment.
- Certificate of good moral character issued this School Year.
- Authenticated copy of grades (for renewing students, or new applicants who have previously enrolled) in the immediately preceding semester, or for those under trimester, grades in the last 2 terms (Submit original).
- Transcript of Records for new applicant.
- Updated Curriculum Checklist of the course enrolled in.
- Proof of Billing under the applicant’s name, or that of his/her spouse (e.g. electricity, water, phone, credit card, etc.)
- Service Record (employment).
- Latest Work Performance Evaluation (Submit original or certified true copy).
- Voter’s Certification issued by COMELEC.
- Workplace ID.
- For DepEd teachers, they must be endorsed by the DepEd Superintendent. For uniformed personnel, they must be endorsed by Taguig’s Chief of Police. For Taguig City employees, they must be recommended by their Department/Office Head, and endorsed by the Taguig City Administrator.
- Signed hard copy of the approved and accepted thesis or dissertation (only for those applying for thesis/dissertation completion grant.)
MERIT INCENTIVES (FOR PREMIER, FULL, AND PRIORITY SCHOLARS)
- For Premier, Full, and Priority Scholars with a semestral weighted average of “1.75” or higher or its equivalent (must be equivalent to the average of cum laude or higher based on the applicant’s school standards)
Scholarship information and application forms are also available at the Scholarship Secretariat (Taguig) Facebook account and the City Government’s website: www.taguig.gov.ph. Scholars are encouraged to check these sites regularly for announcements and updates.
|1||Asia Pacific College-Makati||Information Technology|
|2||Ateneo de Manila University-Quezon City||Business Administration Education|
|3||Centro Escolar University-Manila||Teacher Education|
|4||De La Salle University-Manila||Information Technology|
|5||Philippine Normal University-Manila||Teacher Education|
|6||University of Santo Tomas-Manila||Nursing|
|7||University of the East-Ramon Magsaysay Mem. Med. Center-QC||Nursing|
|1. Adamson University||
Chem Eng’g, IE, Com Eng’g, EE, CerE, Mech Eng’g, ECE
|2. De La Salle University||
ME, ChE, ECE, IE, EE, MfgE, CS
|3. Don Bosco Technical College||
ME, ECE, CoE
|4. Mapua Institute of Technology||
ChE, EE, IE, MetE, ECE, MiningE
|5. Rizal Tech. University||
ME, ECE, EE
|7. University of the East||
|8. University of Sto Tomas||
Math, ECE, IE, ChE, EE, Bio Chem, ME
|1. Medicine||– Aside from those enrolled in UP and UST, those enrolled in Ateneo, PLM, FEU, UERMMMC, St. Luke’s College of Medicine, or De La Salle*|
|2. Law||– Enrolled in Ateneo, San Beda College, UP, FEU-DLSU, UST, University of Perpetual Help-Rizal, Arellano University, FEU, PLM, PUP, Lyceum, and San Sebastian|
|3. People With Disabilities (PWD) SPED||– SPED Courses will be evaluated based on merit and qualifications. All applying for this should attach photocopy of ID from PDAO (Persons With Disabilities Office).|