(Located at Napindan, Taguig, Parola was built in 17th century. It stands guard at the mouth of Napindan Channel where the Pasig River crosses with Laguna Lake. Its location, at the navel of Laguna de Bay near the mouth of the Pasig River, flanked by the mountains of Rizal, the province of Laguna and several cities of Metro Manila, ensured its crucial role during the 1896 Philippine Revolution. This centuries-old lighthouse became the secret rendezvous point of the Katipunan as it planned its revolution for Philippine Independence. The Parola was chosen by KKK Supremo Gat Andres Bonifacio as a meeting place because it was the most accessible channel from Tondo, Manila and from the Municipios along the Pasig River and the Province of Laguna.)
Felix Manalo Shrine
Bro. Felix Y. Manalo Birth Place – On July 27, 2007, coinciding with the 93rd Anniversary of the Iglesia ni Cristo, the National Historical Institute (NHI) of the Philippines unveiled a marker on the birth place of Felix Manalo, declaring the site as a National Historical Landmark. The marker is located at Barangay Calzada, Tipas, Taguig City, where the ancestral home of Manalo once stood. The marker sits on a 744 square meter plaza.
The Blue Mosque – This religious center located at Maharlika Village, Taguig City, designed by renowned architect Angel Nakpil, is also a socio-civic meeting place for both Filipino and foreign Muslims. It houses a conference room, three madrasa classrooms, a Library, Clinic, Secretariat and Imam Office. The geometrical design of this building is a multi-cross patterned after the CORDOVA in Spain (Cordova means Church).
St. Anne Church
Archdiocesan Shrine of St. Anne – Built in 1587, this church, located in Barangay Sta. Ana, Taguig, is definitely one of the oldest churches in the Philippines. This was destroyed by an earthquake in 1645 and reconstructed in 1848. It was destroyed again by another earthquake and was rebuilt in 1896 by Fr. Guillermo Diaz. A new retablo was installed in the year 2003 by the then parish priest, Rev. Fr. Roy M. Rosales.
Libingan ng mga Bayani
The Libingan ng mga Bayani or the Cemetery of the Heroes is the final resting place of 33,520 Filipinos who laid their lives for the country during the Second World War. Dignitaries and personnel of the Philippine military from privates to generals are also buried here.
The Republic Memorial Cemetery at Fort McKinley was established in May 1947 as a fitting tribute to the gallant Filipino men and women who brought honor to the country and fought for the sake of freedom and democracy. On October 27, 1954, the Memorial Cemetery was renamed Libingan Ng Mga Bayani (LNMB) by the late President Ramon Magsaysay. Presidential Proclamation No. 208 was then issued by President Ferdinand E. Marcos on May 28, 1967, to reserve an area of 142 hectares from the Fort Bonifacio Military Reservation. This was intended for National Shrine purposes and placed under the administration of the Military Shrines Services, Philippine Veterans Affairs, Department of National Defense.
Dambanang Kawayan, officially known as Saint John the Baptist Parish, is a Roman Catholic parish-church located in Barangay Ligid-Tipas, Taguig City.
It is a century old church with altar, wall sidings, ceiling and benches that are made of pure, native bamboo. This symbol of Filipino design and artistry stood in history as the site where over 500 men were gathered and brutalized during the tragic “sona”. As of December 1, 1944 conducted by the Japanese forces. The men were later imprisoned in the dungeons of Fort Santiago in Intramuros, not to be seen again, alive or dead.
This church of Tipas formerly belonged to the Shrine of Saint Anne in Sta. Ana, Taguig City. On November 17, 1969, Cardinal Rufino Jiao Santos formally erected the parish under the patronage of St. John the Baptist. The first parish priest appointed was Rev. Fr. Ruben “Ben” J. Villote. The word “Tipas” comes from the word “Tinagpas” or “Tiga-gapas” because the original Tipaseños were farmers. From 1969 to 2003, the Parish of St. John the Baptist was a part of the Archdiocese of Manila. Presently, it belongs to the Vicariate of St. Anne under the Diocese of Pasig.
The Veteran’s Museum is another one of Taguig’s historic sites located at Barangay Western Bicutan. It features war stories as interpreted by life-sized montages and retold by different art forms combined with advanced technology.
It is the only museum in our country that shows World War II in form of tableaus on the daily life of Filipino crusaders during the said time. A secret tunnel, used during World War II, is part of a guided tour of the Philippine Army Museum. Displayed at the Museum are war materials such as weaponry, war relics and dioramas depicting the multi-dimensional role of army soldiers.
The Veteran’s Museum was inaugurated by former President Fidel Ramos in 1997 and opened in 1998 by former President Joseph Estrada. Gilberto Lomotan was the architect who worked on the building with colleague Banjo de Ocampo. The museum, designed by JGPL Designers and Builders, is managed by the Veterans Federation of the Philippines and the Board of Trustees of the Veterans of World War II.
The artists from different provinces such as Banaue, Pampanga, Laguna, and Bulacan hand-carved statues made in wood.
Simboryo – is lying as centerpiece of the Sta. Ana Catholic Cemetery, erected by Filipino labor and supervised by Spanish friars in the year 1700. The dome is made of tiles and the walls of stones. The structure is 12 meters in diameter. It has retained its quaint mysterious appeal despite the minor repairs it has undergone in 1980 and in 1993.
Located at Sta. Ana, Taguig City, this is the only one erected to honor President Manuel L. Quezon when he was still in the service as President of the Republic. This plaza serves as venue for “Buwan ng Wika” celebratory events. It sits across the Sta. Ana Archdiocesan Shrine.
Taguig City University
Located at Central Bicutan, Taguig City, Pamantasan ng Taguig (PnT), later renamed Taguig City University (TCU) upon conversion of the Municipality of Taguig to “cityhood” on 8 December 2004, was established through Ordinance No. 29, Series of 2004 (enacted 6 September 2004, Municipal Government of Taguig, with Councilor Marisse Balina-Eron, Councilor Aurelio Paulo R. Bartolome and Councilor Allan Paul C. Cruz as sponsors).
Fort Bonifacio Global City
A marvel on its own, this 440 hectare Global City is based on a Master Plan that has been molded after the functionality of Seoul, the excellent systems of Singapore, the innovation of Vancouver and the Visionary outlook of Paris. The Master Plan was awarded in USA in the 1997 Gold Nugget Award for the Best Community/Town Site Plan over 500 acres. It provides facilities for the distribution of water and recycled wastewater within the City. It operates a modern transport system involving buses, taxis and a trolley line. It manages and provides a two-way cable television system, high speed internet, and a high bandwidth data network. Its telecommunications infrastructure uses underground ducts and fiber optics network system. It distributes piped liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to residents, locators and tenants in the City, which, by far, is first in the Philippines.
The Manila American Cemetery and Memorial
The cemetery, 152 acres (0.62 km2) or 615,000 square metres in area, is located on a prominent plateau, visible at a distance from the east, south and west. With a total of 17,206 graves, it is the largest cemetery in the Pacific for U.S. personnel killed during World War II, and also holds war dead from the Philippines and other allied nations. Many of the personnel whose remains are interred or represented were killed in New Guinea, or during the Battle of the Philippines (1941-42) or the Allied recapture of the islands. The headstones are made of marble which are aligned in eleven plots forming a generally circular pattern, set among masses of a wide variety of tropical trees and shrubbery.
The chapel, a tall stone structure enriched with sculpture and mosaic, stands near the center of the cemetery. In front of it on a wide terrace are two large hemicycles with rooms at each end. Twenty-five large mosaic maps in these four rooms recall the achievements of the United States Armed Forces in the Pacific, China, India and Burma. On rectangular Trani limestone piers within the hemicycles are inscribed the names of 36,282 of the Missing who gave their lives in the service of America and who rest in unknown graves. Carved in the floors are the seals of the American states and its territories.
This boat is our story. Its transparent, colored sails are symbolic of our dynamism and animated character. They move independently yet at certain times in unison. The paddles serve as counterweights to create tension yet help ease the swaying of the sails. This kinetic sculpture celebrates our unity in diversity.
A garden occupying 3,556-sqm., Kasalikasan serves as an admonition to value nature and an urban setting. Coined by Araos, Kasalikasan is a combination of four words: Kasali Ka Sa Kalikasan, which means “interacting or being one with nature.”
Kasaysayan Bawat Oras
A 3-meter tall brass-bronze statue that immortalizes the momentous event when Bonifacio and the KKK tore up their cedulas in protest to the Spanish authorities. The second figure is Lakambini, wife of Bonifacio holding a flag. The third figure is a Katipunero and Kasapi holding a bamboo spear.
The tree trunks signify stability. The intertwining branches and leaves create a circular effect to symbolize the “circle of life”. This sculpture represents the interrelationship of humanity and nature, and the vital role of each one plays. May it remind everyone to preserve the environment not just for today but for the future as well.
Market! Market! – is a real estate development owned by Ayala Land, a real estate subsidiary of Ayala Corporation and part of the Ayala Mall chain. It is located at Mabini Avenue corner McKinley Parkway, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City, part of the fast-growing, Bonifacio Global City, which is Ayala Land’s new Central Business District. It is the first of its kind of development in the Philippines combining traditional and non-traditional retailers and wholesalers within a mall setting. It is near Bonifacio High Street and Serendra, facing this Mall on McKinley Parkway.
SM Aura Premier
SM Aura Premier is a shopping mall located along McKinley Parkway and C5 Road cor. 26th St., Bonifacio Global City, Metro Manila, Philippines, owned by SM Prime Holdings, the country’s largest mall developer. It is the 13th SM Supermall in Metro Manila and 47th SM Prime mall in the Philippines. It is designed by EDGE Interior Designers and Arquitectonica. The SM Aura name is derived from the two elements gold (which has the chemical symbol Au) and radium. According to SM Prime putting them together defines “luxury and elegance that emanates from within.”
The Mind Museum at Taguig
The Mind Museum is an educational facility aimed at fostering the public understanding of science. It is located on a 1.2 hectare lot in the J. Y. Campos Park in Bonifacio Global City. It is a project of the non-profit Bonifacio Art Foundation, Inc. It is dedicated to providing an extraordinary educational experience that inspires the public understanding of science.